Dear Husband, i.e., The Coach:
Here is your summer “Honey-Do” List, in order of importance:
- Order replacement parts for the pool. It’s hot out there!
- Cut the rest of the ivy off the front porch.
- Chop up the tree branches in the backyard.
- Dust all the ceiling fans, THEN mop the floors. The landing needs a good scrub.
- Clean the cat food out of the drain in the downstairs bathroom sink (don’t ask).
- Hopefully, by this point we can set up the pool. And, build some pool stairs?
- Replace the back stairs so we don’t break our necks.
- Fix the fence (new post on the street side!)
- Replace the kitchen floor (after vacation when fridge is empty).
- Call Sears and schedule annual fridge/stove maintenance.
- Call Schneider for A/C annual checkup (after vacation when we get paid).
- Rebuild the “shutters” on the front window.
- Paint all lower windows and trim.
- Clean basement and put in the insulation I bought three (???) years ago.
- Get another quote for the gutters (after I get second summer paycheck).
By fall break, we should be able to move on to:
- Fix bathroom wall (after the gutters are done).
- Put in new toilet in upstairs bathroom.
- Put in new sink in downstairs bathroom (to make more room for litter box).
- Figure out how to fix leak in downstairs shower drain.
And by spring break:
- Paint the walls in the downstairs landing.
- Get the landing floor really, really clean (or replace it, bah!).
- Start working on build-in bookshelves for the landing.
When that’s all done, we can discuss the build-in bookshelves in the dining room.
Ambitious, I know, but seeing how *nothing* got done last summer, the list has grown and some of the issues — like those damned stairs — have gotten worse. And, 0bviously, I will help you with some of these things when I am not working on my book manuscript. I can paint the low-stuff. I can paint the landing. I can even help clean the basement.I will not, however, go crawling back into the potentially rat-infested ivy. That one’s on you — and maybe the Russells too.
The Traveling Ph.D.
P.S. Other minor stuff might also come up, like hanging some new curtain rods in the living room, or putting up a new mailbox, or putting in a new kitchen fan. But, these are all dependent on low gas prices.
Tags: Fix It